Why am I so excited for the World Cup?

With the start of the tournament roughly 100 days away, many fans can barely contain their excitement. I am one of these people.

Growing up, I have actively watched only the past 3 World Cup’s in any great detail. During this time, I was able to witness things that only strengthened my passion for the game of soccer. The 2010 World Cup in particular had some terrific games. For all of these major tournaments, I would have a wall chart and would buy various books relating to the games that would take place over the four week period. I even bought a vuvuzela in 2010, and a string of flags of the competing nations in 2014. It’s safe to say that my passion has only grown.

Soccer is unlike any sport, in that as a fan, you are one of hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Granted, here in the US there are numerous sports that have a much larger pull and popularity than soccer. To be honest, this is not a drawback at all. Rather, it is an opportunity to not only interact with people from all over the globe, but to also grow the sport domestically. And it is working. Soccer is definitely on the rise, and despite the US not making the tournament, I still expect a large number of people to be keeping up with the tournament. Through this growth, soccer will soon be as big of a deal in the US as it is everywhere else in the world. 

Now that I have created this blog, I get to share with others the enthusiasm that this tournament in particular brings me. Every day, we will be treated to games that should showcase some of the best players on the planet. For the first time, I have an outlet to channel the emotions and opinions that I have during and after each match. This is truly incredible, and I genuinely cannot wait for the opening ceremony and inaugural game of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. Bring it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Sergio Ramos is not in the wrong at all

What We Can Learn From THAT Wayne Rooney Assist

What Happened To: England?